UBOS Beta 1 is here, and that means installing web apps on our Raspberry Pi’s has become as simple as executing a single command:
For this hands-on meetup, bring your Raspberry Pi’s, and we will get one or more web apps running on it. Your choices currently are:
• ownCloud — file sharing, calendaring, address book sharing
• Known — modern decentralized social media
• WordPress — blogging and content management
• Mediawiki — the wiki that Wikipedia runs on
• Selfoss — RSS reader
• Shaarli — URL shortener and bookmarking app
What to bring (if you have it, it’s fine to come without):
• Raspberry Pi model B or B+ (Ethernet). Alternatively bring a PC that can boot from a USB stick.
• Suitable SD Card or Micro SD Card that works with your Raspberry Pi. 4G minimum.
• Keyboard and monitor, plus cables and power supply, so you can see what your Raspberry Pi is doing.
• Enthusiasm :-)
Questions? Contact me through the Meetup event page.
I’m taking them to the Hacker Dojo where I’ll be doing a lightening talk today on UBOS at 5:30pm.
As you can see, this is the Raspberry Pi version.